Applications is ongoing for the AFRINIC Fellowship program with all expenses paid to attend the 2018 Africa Internet Summit in Dakar, Senegal. The fellowship will bring together different people representing small organizations, media and universities who has play urge role on internet operations, internet developments and information computer and technology policies in their various countries.
The AFRINIC Fellowship program aim to support and create large chain of AFRINIC ambassadors in AFRINIC’s service area.
The aim of AFRINIC fellowship program:
- Is to increase AFRINIC’s mission and promote its awareness.
- Offers exclusive chance for fellows to partake in at least one of AFRINIC’s policy meeting.
- Africa Internet Summit allow fellow to see the Internet multistakeholder model in action.
- Fellows will have the opportunity to connect with experts throughout the globe on Internet related matters.
- Train attendees on AFRINIC policy Development Process and key skills and right knowledge to be part of AFRINIC community.
The AFRINIC program is for representative of small organisations, universities, and media who play major roles in Internet operations, development or Information Computer Technology policy in their respective communities. The fellow is required to be actively contributing to Internet number resource management awareness and policy development in the AFRINIC service region.
To qualify, you:
- Resides of any African nation
- Not necessarily be an AFRINIC member
- Actively involved in the Internet arena.
- Willing to share what you/your organization gain during the course of the fellowship pn an agreed time frame.
Fellowships are fully funded by AFRINIC and offered for both annual AFRINIC stand-alone meetings and the Africa Internet Summit which is organised by AFRINIC.
The fellowship will cover:
- Hotel Accommodation (Bed and Breakfast)
- Per Diem
- Full travel cost (air ticket and airport drop off from the airport to the venue)
- Travel insurance
AIS’18 from 29 April to 11 May 2018.
The Selection Process
The Selection Process comprises of steps used by the Fellowships Team to select the fellows of an upcoming AFRINIC meeting:
- Applicants are selected based-on of preference by area/region. The number of fellowships available will dependend on the location of meeting, and budgetary constraints.
- Applicants are rated on their attendance and contributions at the local and regional levels on internet-related matters on community mailing lists and meetings. They are also expected to share on what they have learnt from their experience as a fellow.
- The Fellowship Team carefully evaluates all the applications then selects the applicants that are best suited for the fellowship, providing opportunities to individuals from a wide range of organisations and geographical locations within the AFRINIC service region.
- The Fellowship Team attempts to maintain a balance region-wise and the number of fellows selected varies according to the fellowship budget and location of each Meeting.
- The decisions of the Fellowship Team are final and the selected applicants are informed individually by email. A list of selected fellows is then announced on the AFRINIC’s announce list, website and conference website. (Applicants who are not selected are encouraged to apply for future AFRINIC Meeting fellowship)
- Open registration – Monday, 29 January 2018
- Close Registration – Sunday, 18 February 2018
- Notification of Selected – Friday, 09 March 2018
- Deadline of acceptance by Fellows acceptance – Wednesday, 21 March 2018
- Final acceptance and publication of fellows list – Tuesday, 20 March 2018
Deadline Date: 18 February 2018
For details Information: