Deadline Date: February 15, 2018
The Nigeria Ministry of Education now receive applications from qualified Nigerian student to participate in the nomination interview for the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) scholarship for student to pursue their undergraduate and postgraduate to study abroad.
The Bilateral Education Agreement Award is for
- Undergraduate course tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) research/studies tenable in Russia (for people who have their first degrees in Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, etc.
Area of Study
- Undergraduate student in the field of – Agriculture, Architecture, Engineering, Geology, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Medicine (limited), etc.;
- Postgraduate student for (Master’s degree and Ph.D.) in all fields.
For Undergraduate applicants:
- Applicants for undergraduate studies must have at least Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the SSCE, WAEC (May/June) in the subjects that relate to their fields of study including Mathematics and English Language.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2016 & 2017).
- Age range between 18 to 20 years.
For Postgraduate applicants:
- Applicants for Undergraduate studies must have First Degree with 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have finish at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- Must have finish N.Y.S.C.
- Masters student must be 35 or below and 40 years for Ph.D.:
- N.Y.S.C discharge/exemption certificates only are considered;
- Employer must give out evidence of readiness for applicant to be considered.
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants must be ready to partake one year necessary foreign Language studies of the country of choice with respect to instruction;
- Applicants for Hungarian Scholarships are required to website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu on or before 15th February, 2018.
- Fill the online application
- Candidate are require to go to the interview venue with the application form alongside the general application.
Nominated candidate by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport; and
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals and Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
Venue of Interview
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centers with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e. WAEC of May/June for Undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) colored passport sized photographs on white background; and
- Postgraduate applicants will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates only.
Date and Venue
Interviews will commence by 19th to 23rd February 2018.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kebbi.- North-West
- Govt. Girls’ Sec. Sch. Damaturu -North-East
- FGBC, Apo FCT- North-Central
- FSTC Yaba Lagos- South-West
- BDGS Bayelsa, Yenogoa- South-South
- FGGC, Owerri, Imo- South-East
- Check through the Guidelines
- Finish the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
- Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled above
For details information, visit BEA Scholarship Award.