Applications are now open for the Google grants for professional development of educators in computer science by which all Grantees are invited into the join the community and are well-trained, supported and guide through their PD programs to make it impactful and effective. All grantees are encourage to learn from each other, share their various resources, best practices and engage with partners to project their impact.
Grantees will have access to the following benefit in addition with funding:
- We be able to learn from Google expert on how to scale their program’s reach and impact
- Networking opportunities with fellow grantees through the process of community practice
- Save time using Google evaluation/assessment model
- measure the efficiency and operative of their PD program through automated reports
All applicants must be affiliated with University, research institute, higher education, educational non-profit organization, institutions, professional development organization, local office of education or schools. The EMEA 2018 criteria for funding are:
- Educator Audience: Pre-service or in-service teachers who reach students ages 11-18
- Content: Professional Development PD content based in the needs of your Educator Audience, mapped to your local/national CS standards, and relevant for an in-class implementation of CS (i.e. standalone CS course, or interdisciplinary application of CS)
- Format and Schedule: PD delivered throughout the 2018-2019 academic year with a format and schedule based in meet the needs of your Educator Audience
- Support: Community of Practice (COP) that supports Ongoing Commitment and implementation of Content in the classroom throughout the 2018/2019 academic year
Any applicants who have applied before are also welcome to apply, provided they are adding a new dimension to their former projects or launching a new CS project.
Deadline Date: March 2nd, 2018
Visit the official webpage of the professional development of educators in computer science through the Application Link HERE.