The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) in collaboration with the Craig Newmark Philantropies now accepts applications for 2018 TruthBuzz Fellowship from Media innovators with great enthusiasts in storytelling and fact-checking methods, with the aim to boost audience trust in media information by spreading fact-checked news and stories using a presentable and compelling methods.
The TruthBuzz initiative under the International Centre for Journalist is majorly designed to develop new methods to help in order to make sure that verified fact is broadcasted to largest possible audience.
Selected TruthBuzz Fellows and media innovators will be trusted changemakers who will easily embrace the newly adopted ways of making facts reach the widest possible audience. ICFJ will partner with First Draft, a Shorenstein Center project at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
If you have passion for media or you are media professional with experience and success records in conducting innovative projects in newsrooms and you have sharp audience-engagement skills with the huge to use your multimedia skills to fight misinformation in your country, then apply for a full-time, six-month TruthBuzz Fellowship.
- All Selected Fellows/media innovators will be given professional allowance and monthly honorarium to supplement their work with partner newsrooms.
- During the Fellowship, TruthBuzz fellows will have the opportunities to travel to conferences for networking and to share their work with large professional audiences.
- The TruthBuzz Fellowship is only open to English-speaking media professionals already working in one of the target countries: Brazil, India, Indonesia, Nigeria and the United States. The Fellowship will start in summer 2018, between June-August.
- TruthBuzz Fellows/media innovators must have the experience and skills necessary to envision and execute successful projects.
- Experience working with media/newsrooms
- Experience with multimedia and alternative forms of storytelling
- Sharp audience-engagement and communications skills
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and demonstrated background in getting projects off the ground
- Experience collaborating with different teams across newsrooms including designers and programmers.
- Experience incorporating the use of social media in news media
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate program results as a speaker, writer
- Strong project- and time-management skills
- Success at replicating, adapting and creating technologies to answer local needs
- Lives and works in one of the target countries
- Training or coaching experience
- Professional proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English
- Fluency (speaking, reading and writing) in the local language of the target country/region
- Experience measuring results, such as the impact of content, adoption of technology and audience engagement
- Experience in fact-checking and tackling misinformation
This is your chance to make facts go viral, apply to be a TruthBuzz Fellow. To be considered, potential Fellows must submit an application including a project proposal with a timeline, an essay outlining their skills and a short video.
Deadline: April 29, 2018
Please click here to read the full application.
For details information, visit ICFJ TruthBuzz Fellowship.