Digital Lab Africa a springboard for African talent in multimedia. Are you an artist, a student or an entrepreneur?
Do you have a project in one of these five categories: digital music, web creation, virtual reality, video game, or animation? If yes, submit your innovative project and win a 3,000 € cash prize + a Digital Lab Africa Incubation Pass to make your project happen.
DLA is looking for innovative projects at an initial stage of development, in need of partners and financial support.
It’s brought about by the French Embassy and the French Institute of South Africa in partnership with DISCOP Africa, TRACE, Lagardère studios and leading companies.
- The Digital Lab Africa Call for projects is open to everybody, professional or not, from the sector of digital content creation: artists, producers, developers, start-ups, SMEs, collectives, students or entrepreneurs, based in sub-Saharan Africa or a national of a country in this region.
- It targets developing projects, in need of partners and financial support, innovative projects from the perspective of form, narration, content and technologies used.
The call for projects by Digital Lab Africa focuses on five categories of multimedia productions:
- Web creation/Transmedia
- Virtual Reality
- Video Game
- Digital Music
The winners will take away:
- A cash prize to the value of 3,000 euro
- An Incubation Pass for Digital Lab Africa to accompany the development phase of their project between May and December 2018.
- The DLA incubation Pass comprises of mentorship in the development of projects by the French and Sub-Saharan African partners for each of the categories (studios, producers, broadcasters, distributors).
- A period of residence in France within the partner organisation and a digital cluster.
- Opportunity to participate in the multimedia reference events.
Procedure to SUBMIT A PROJECT?
- Download the call for projects presentation and rules
- Complete the online form
- Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presentation document of the project (Pitch Deck) including description, graphical/visual elements, solutions/technologies, screenplay, target audience, projected budget, business plan, production schedule (5 to 8 pages maximum).
- A beta version/demo of the project (if available)
- A resume of the applicant/ description of the company represented (max 300 words).
- A picture (.jpeg) of the applicant
Applicants can submit several projects (one form per project)
Applications Deadline: 25 February 2018
For any question, please contacts: email@example.com.
For more information and how to apply, click here.