Application for closes: 5th October 2017
Applications is ongoing for the Goethe-Institute Game Mixer Program 2017, whereby eight game developers from Sub Saharan Africa and seven from South Africa will be invited to be part of a week program in Johannesburg alongside sixteen game developers from Germany, Brazil and Indonesia. The German participants are award winners and nominees of the German Video Game Awards.
The Goethe-Institute Game Mixer Program major aim is to encourage professional exchange between game developers throughout the globe. The first ever Game Mixer Program was held in Jakarta and Bandung Indonesia in 2015. Subsequent year after the first program, the second was held in Sao Paulo, Brazil. In this third edition, the Game Mixer program will create an avenue and a platform for international game developer to mix and share knowledge with all other game developers from Germany, Sub-Sahara Africa and the host country South-Africa which also include the former host countries Indonesia and Brazil.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- be a professional developer from an African game company that has released at least one game;
- be committed to participate full-time during the whole ten-day program
- be able to communicate in English
- Smaller, emerging studios are preferred, since they would benefit most from this programme.
The Goethe-Institut will covered the following:
- travel expenses to and from Johannesburg
- accommodation (for participants not living in Johannesburg)
- local transfers
16 November to 24 November 2017
Your application should include:
- CV highlighting your professional background
- one-page letter of motivation;
- one-page profile of your studio including: founding date, number of games produced / released, number of developers, performance (e.g. downloads, users, revenue);
- one-page summary of one product that you want to highlight in the showcase including: game details, game performance (e.g. downloads, users, revenue, KPIs), screenshots
Send your application to Ralf.Eppeneder.firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 5 October 2017. The participants will be chosen by a jury of the Goethe-Institut and Interactive Entertainment South Africa.
For details Information: