Applications are ongoing for the UN SDG Action Challenge Awards for change agents worldwide; As a means to make Agenda 2030 a reality, we will love to learn and interact from some of the world-class mobilizers, innovators, connectors, communicators, storytellers, visualizers and includers throughout the world!
The UN SDG Action awards program significant aims is to discover change-makers who have to contribute significantly to the international sustainable development movement in every corner of the world to celebrate their achievements.
The Awards comprises of different categories which include: civil society organizations, individual, local governments and others who are making a different contribution towards the advancement SDG 2030 Agenda.
All the collective member of the Global SDG community are requested to enter their various projects and initiative for a chance win UN SDG Action Challenge Awards at the UN SDG Action Challenge Awards Ceremony in Germany on 21-23 March 2018.
The award winners will be a call to offer hands-on practical workshop sessions at the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development to talk their various skills and good practices with participants.
The Award UN SDG Action Challenge will be different Categories
• The mobilizer- the award will be given to the team that shows greatest successes mobilizing volunteers or citizen to act for the SDGs.
• Storyteller– The award will be to the team that captures powerful human stories which in communicating the significant of the SDGs to people’s lives.
• Communicator-The award will be given to the most impactful and creative communications campaign (local/national/international) to create awareness about the SDGs and people’s voices and role in SDG action.
• Visualizer-The award will be given to the most impactful and innovative use of MY World or other citizen voices data that aid communication between the government and public.
• Innovator– The award will be given to the most creative and innovative use of new technologies to spread SDGs.
• Connector-The award will be given to the team/person that shows innovative or impactful ways to bring multiple stakeholders together, or building networks, towards SDG Action
• Includers- Leave No One Behind – The award will be given to the group that makes the most impactful and extraordinary effort to ensure that excluded groups become part of the SDG dialogue and implementation in their community.
• Shortlisted finalists will have the chance to be invited to join us at the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development from 21st-23rd March 2018, in Bonn, Germany. The UN SDG Challenge Awards Ceremony will be held on the evening of 21st March where winners will be recognized for their achievements, and all shortlisted finalists will be invited to participate in workshop sessions at the event to share their most inspiring lessons and practical advice with fellow SDG stakeholders.
• Shortlisted finalists will receive invitations to join the event as speakers and participants, but would be required to cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
• All entrants are encouraged to participate in the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development, as there will be an extra award issued to the ‘People’s Choice Award’ on the evening of the UN SDG Action Challenge Awards Ceremony. Festival-goers will pick their favorite submission that was not shortlisted by the judging panel, from any category, the submission with the most votes will be awarded as part of the Ceremony.
Deadline Date: 15th January 2018
For details Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the UN SDG Action Challenge Award 2018