The Westerwelle now receives applications for 2018 Young Founders Programme for 25 innovative and distinct entrepreneurs from developing country with emerging economy growth with the aim to create a platform for young founders to connect and exchange ideas on how to their develop their countries economy through their recently started non-profit organization with German startup scene.
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded year-long programme which take place every year in Berlin, Germany by which each participant will have the chance to network with successful entrepreneurs, strong political decision maker and investors as well join a network of like-minded exceptional young founders from developing and emerging economies.
The Westerwelle Foundation for International Understanding give full support for young entrepreneurs, decision makers and executives throughout the world. The Foundation globally connects people and ideas and creates spaces for interaction and innovation.
During the period of the programme, fellows will have access to:
• The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 10 – 14 April 2018
• A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
• Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
• An international alumni network
The Westerwelle Foundation will cover the costs of your flight, accommodation and food during the Young Founders Conference in Berlin, 10 – 14 April 2018. Additional costs for health travel insurance, visa and personal expenses have to be borne by the participants.
All activities during the year such as mentoring will be through Skype and other online coaching activities are free of charge. On top of this, there is the possibility of applying for further scholarships awarded by the Westerwelle Foundation to attend entrepreneurship conferences worldwide.
To be eligible for the Westerwelle young founders program, you must meet the following requirements:
• Have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model
• Be based in a developing or emerging country or have a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies
• Entrepreneurs are typically between 20 and 35 years old.
• Good working knowledge of English
All foreign applicants must have valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany and valid travel medical insurance.
Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Timeline
1. Online application (Deadline: 18 December 2017, 10 AM CET)
2. Application status notifications (10 January 2018)
3. Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (11 January – 9 February 2018)
4. final selection and Jury decision (14 February 2018)
5. Notification of application results to shortlisted candidates (15 February 2018)
• Young Founders Conference in Germany (10 – 14 April 2018)
• Personal mentoring, peer mentoring (remotely) (April 2018 – March 2019)
Travel and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be taken care of by the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled mentoring calls.
Applications Deadline: December 18, 2017
For details information, visit the official webpage for the Westerwelle foundation HERE