Applications are now open for the Ashoka ChangemakerXchange for Cultural Diversity & Dialogue 2018 (Summit in Amsterdam). Ashoka Changemakerxchange is a worldwide partnership platform for young social innovators to connect, network and build cross-border collaborations. The summit will take place on the afternoon of July 5th, 2018 until 10th of July 2018. Participants must be ready to participate all days of the program.
If you a leader or founder of a social venture that focuses on spreading values of diversity, intercultural education, cross-cultural understanding, peace-building, social cohesion, migration, and integration or dialogue between groups (e.g., political, or religious), this is for you! Ashoka ChangemakerXChange summit aimed at connecting, learning and collaborating. You’ll be spending five days alongside inspiring peers and mentors, all innovating in this exciting and pressing field.
Co-created by Ashoka and The Robert Bosch Stiftung, this specially themed summit is hosted by Pocket Stories and Safari. The IAIE (International Association for Intercultural Education) and Anne Frank House are both partners of this program.
ChangemakerXchange is fully funded and covers all participants travel expenses to/from Amsterdam and most of the other expenses of the conference for all days in Amsterdam (which includes entrances fees, food, hotel accommodation, etc.) However, a 100 EURO participation fee is required from the participants to cover part of the program expenses. (A limited number of stipends/scholarships are available upon request. If you are unable to attend without this support, fill free to contact us or state in the application form).
Open to Changemakers from Europe, Middle East, South Caucasus, Turkey, North Africa.
Applicants for ChangemakerXchange:
- Must be between 18 and 30 years. Please note a limited number of three places is available for 29- and 30-year-old applicants.
- Should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture which is up and running and addresses the issues of diversity/dialogue/polarisation. They are unable to accept applicants with an idea only or who are volunteering for an organization.
- Must have a good level of English that enables them to understand, present, and collaborate throughout the summit.
- Should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young social entrepreneurs and be willing to play an active role within this community.
- Must come from one of the following countries: Albania, Andorra, Algeria, Austria, Belarus, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Yemen
Deadline: April 30, 2018
Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact Raph and Ingi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit ChangemakerXchange.