Application Deadline: 10th November, 2017
LKYSPP/Foreign Affairs now receive applications for their 2017 Student Essay Competition. All applicants are expected to write on the topic: “Does populism pose a threat to the international order? Why or why not, and what can be done about it?” This is an avenue for tomorrow’s Leader to show their innovative ideas on how to shape the world with the help of Foreign Affairs and the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy.
The LKYSPP/Foreign Affairs editorial staff alongside the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy will chose one undergraduate essay to be published on the Foreign Affairs Webpage for the 2017 Student Essay Competition.
The postgraduate school of the National University Singapore is Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy. The QS World University Rankings (2017) rated NUS 1st in Asia and 15th in the world as they visualize a better world change through good governance and competent leadership. They have collaborate with Foreign Affairs to bring this competition to students.
Since their inception in 1922,LKYSPP/ Foreign Affairs has been the spearheading forum for serious discussion on American foreign policy and global affairs which has now develop and birthed many platform and media organization with a print magazine, a website, a mobile site, various apps and social media feeds, an event business, and more.
- Open to all undergraduate students graduating no earlier than December 2017;
- Only one essay is allowed per participant;
- Entries must be original, unpublished work written by the contestant.
Selection committee includes:
- Gideon Rose, Editor and Peter G. Peterson Chair, Foreign Affairs
- Justin Vogt, Deputy Managing Editor, Foreign Affairs
- Yuen Foong Khong, Li Ka Shing Professor of Political Science, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Submit your essay here.
- Submissions should be between 1,200 and 1,500 words. All quotations or uncommon facts should be appropriately cited.
- Submissions sent by mail will not be accepted.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
All applicant must submit by Friday, November 10, 2017, 11:59 PM, EST.
For details information, visit Student Essay Competition webpage here.