Application is currently ongoing for The Regional Universities Forum (RUFORUM) Scholarship award for African students at the Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda, the scholarship is fully funded by MasterCard Foundation with the aim to support extraordinary yet financially disadvantage student from conflict and post conflict African communities.
For the 2018 MasterCard Foundation Scholarship, 45 Bachelor degree and 15 Master students will be selected for this program to receive this scholarship with lots of additional development,
Students enlisted for this program will enjoy lots of benefits which includes scholarships, leadership trainings, life skills support, mentorship, guides on community engagement and entrepreneurship developments.
The scholarship is for exceptional African students from conflict and post conflict African communities who are financially disadvantaged. The applicant must qualify to be admitted for undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs at Gulu University and/or Egerton University as listed above. Students who is already a beneficiary of any kind scholarship are not eligible to apply as anyone with a double scholarship will be discontinued automatically.
The following programs listed below are the priority sponsor scholarship by the RUFORUM Technical Committee (RTC) for the 2018 academic year as eligible for application.
1. Bachelor of Science in Agri-Entrepreneurship and Communication Management
2. Bachelor of Science in Food and Agribusiness
3. Bachelor of Science in Biosystems Engineering
4. Bachelor of Science Education (Agriculture)
1. Master of Science in agri-enterprises development
2. Master of Science in Food security and community nutrition
1. Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
2. Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Education and Extension
3. Bachelor of Science in Horticulture
4. Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
5. Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology
1. Master of Science in Agronomy
To be eligible for the 2018 RUFORUM Scholarship Award, applicants must meet the following requirement:
- Must resides or be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the African region scholarship quota
- Be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefits from the national respective scholarship quota
- Be from economically/financially disadvantaged
- Be below the age of 25 for Bachelor and below 30 years for Master degree studies during application time
- Must have finish secondary school and/or diploma for a Bachelor degree application not more than two years from the time of the Call
- The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs at any University of your choice (Egerton University or Gulu University).
- For admission into Gulu University for a (HSC) or its equivalent with two principal passes. For admission into Egerton University one must have completed the (KSCE) or its equivalent with at least C+ grade.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities and show strong interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship
- Be dedicated to working in the agricultural value chains
- Demonstrate strong commitment for community work/transformation
Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: March 30, 2018
Application forms (for admission and scholarship) must be submitted to the respective university of choice. The deadline for submission of application forms is Friday 30th March 2018 at 17:00 hours (GMT+3).
For more information, visit RUFORUM official webpage Here.