Applications are now open for the Microsoft Cloud AI Research Challenge 2018. The Cloud AI Research Challenge is for researchers in public and private employee, students and academicians to develop applications on Microsoft AI services with $25,000 prize awarded to the best two and $10,000 and $15,000 will be awarded to the runner-ups.
The challenge would require that you make use of any AI-supporting services like Batch AI, Cognitive Services, Bot Framework, Azure Machine Learning, Data Science VM, and others. These services feature top advancements in developing for AI on Azure.
Employees of private and public organizations and Teams of University researchers and students are invited to participate by which each team will build a tested, working interactive software application, intelligent system using data and the Microsoft AI platform.
Four winning applications will be selected that will make up of two (2) USD25,000 grand prize awardees, and two runner-ups of USD15,000 and USD10,000.
- All discipline and methodologies are encourage to submit their of applications.
If you are not affiliated with an academic institution, your submission must meet one of the following requirements:
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Teams of eligible individuals.
- Teams entering on behalf of organizations (including corporations, not-for-profit corporations and other nonprofit organizations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities) that exist and have been organized or incorporated at the time of entry and employ no more than 50 people (“Organizations”).
- Teams entering on behalf of organizations that employ more than 50 people (“Large Organizations”), though such Large Organizations are only eligible for the Large Organization Recognition Award.
Show us what you can do with Microsoft AI services like Azure Machine Learning, Cognitive Services, Data Science VM, Batch AI, and Bot Framework. They’re looking for demonstrable applications that use the newly released set of powerful services that promote AI development through open source services on Microsoft Azure.
Applications are invited for, but not limited to, the following areas of interest:
- Azure Machine Learning
- Example: Build models with labeled data to train and intelligently sense, process, and act on information to create applications that augment human capabilities.
- Cognitive Services
- Example: Infuse your apps, websites, and bots with intelligent algorithms to see, hear, speak, understand, and interpret your user needs through natural methods of communication.
- Data Science
- Example: Create a friction-free end-to-end data science workflow using pre-installed Data Science Virtual Machines to build applications that rely on data analytics, machine learning, and AI training.
- Container Service
- Example: Quickly provision and efficiently scale clusters to maximize resource utilization without container orchestration expertise.
- Batch AI
- Example: Deploy virtual machines, containers, and connect your shared storage to train against any AI framework/deep learning library.
- Bot Framework
- Example: Build dialog systems with open source Bot Builder SDKs.
Advance your research and you could win a USD25,000 grand prize!
Your submission will include a working, interactive software application that uses Microsoft AI services along with a video that comprehensively explains and demonstrates your application’s features and functionality and a document in the template provided.
Submit your working software application and your video to the Cloud AI Research Challenge by 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time on April 15, 2018, to be considered for the prizes.
Winners will be announced in May 2018. Applications must be 18 or older.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2018
For details information, visit Microsoft Cloud AI Research Challenge.